What’s Write for Contributions?
Write for contributions is an application that supports individuals who create content for DigitalOceans general public knowledge base. Through this system, community authors get a individual payout and choose a tech-focused charity to get a matching contribution.
The job of those community writers helps develop DigitalOceans collection of DevOps, computer pc software development, and production systems tutorials—all predicated on free and software that is open-source.
What’s the payout framework?
Typical tutorial content will pay away at $300, so we match all payouts with a donation that is charitable.
Most new tutorials are settled at $300; complex production-focused subjects could be given out at as much as $400. Updates for current tutorials, such as for example circulation modifications, are generally given out at $75 to $125, in line with the number of modifications and content that is technical. All payouts have reached editorial discretion, and will also be matched by a contribution to just one charity that is tech-focused nonprofit or a team of nonprofits united by comparable missions.
What folks say
“Your articles will show thousands and thousands individuals all around the globe, and also the feedback you get from DigitalOcean’s editors makes the distinction between being a great writer and a fantastic writer.”
“Working with DigitalOcean editors means using the services of among the better technical editors you’ll find anywhere. In spite of how good your writing has already been, you are going to wind up a greater writer that is technical whenever you simply started.”
What’s the book procedure?
Apply, decide, compose, revise, publish, and perform.
- Apply: connect with this program with a writing sample that showcases your capability to describe your technical knowledge to other people.
- Determine: if you are accepted, you are going to make use of the editorial group for a subject and outline for the very first guide. We publish just initial, first-run content under an innovative Commons permit.
- Write: When your topic is authorized, it is time to compose. We offer resources, like our writing tips, technical guidelines suggestions and article templates, to obtain started.
- Revise: Submit your very very first draft and collaborate one-on-one by having an editor that is professional revise your projects.
- Publish: After revisions, your editor will be sending your re payment, publish your article, create your charitable contribution—and ask exactly what you wish to come up with next. DigitalOcean may also market your article across every one of our social support systems (including to the 150,000 Twitter supporters).
- Perform: develop a relationship utilizing the editorial group by suggesting brand new articles that you wish to compose.
Exactly just What do I need to write on?
At a level that is high we are interested in two broad kinds of content.
- Tutorials which cover systems that are advanced such as for example Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, and CI/CD, like: Simple tips to develop a Cluster of Docker Containers with Docker Swarm and DigitalOcean on Ubuntu 16.04
Once you use, take a good look at our general public subject list for articles we are actively seeking to publish or share your personal some ideas for unique content our readers will like.
Connect with Write For Donations
Thank you for sending us a lot of writing examples!
As a result of interest in the Write for DOnations program, weve temporarily disabled our distribution type while we review all of the great examples and subjects weve gotten.
Please check always right back quickly.
Our articles are certified under A creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Global License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), meaning you are able to repost your DigitalOcean articles with attribution and with the license that is same non-commercial web web web sites once they’re posted right right here.
Each of our community writers signal our freelance home writers Contract.